Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blog revived.

Greetings one and all.
After faithfully following my friend Colin's blog for a year now I decided to revive my blog.
I started it in 2007 when I went to Japan with the Young brothers, Colin and Graydyn. I was a great trip, but once I got home I pretty much forgot about the blog.
I am hoping to do at least on update per week, since it's Wednesday lets call that my update day from now on.

I plan on keeping my subject matter pretty open, pretty much whatever I feel like saying on the day I update.

I recently purchased a digital camera with some Xmas/birthday money. I am quite happy I got something to show for it, many times in the past I simply deposit gift cash and then it just becomes part of my funds, after that buying a "toy" with it becomes a do I really need it situation. This time I said fuck it and blew it all on something I honestly could have continued to live without.
I was kinda limited to getting it at the mall since some of my Xmas cash was in gift certificate form that was only usable at the mall. I headed to The Source, they were having a sale. Without any research I picked up a FujiFilm Finepix S1500 for $200. I am pretty happy with it, although I was originally looking for something water proof for unexpected rain showers while hiking/camping but I also wanted something with a decent zoom, I will just have to get a weatherproof case.

I had some computer issues and lost some of my pix but here are a few I have taken last weekend.

I also have some on my Photobucket account
I know they aren't perfect so I would appreciate any tips/comments.
That's all for now, check back next week.
Jay

1 comment:

Colin Young said...

Hey hey! I'll see what I can do about filling your role as First Commenter.

The photos look great, I think you should be very happy with that camera, and $200 sounds like a bargain to me.