Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday update.

Well here we are on Wednesday and I have no official topic. I had thought of various things all week but I either forgot or simply lost my interest in that reticular topic. I think limiting myself to once a week is not the best solution for someone like myself, if I need to get something out there I need to do it right away.

One topic I guess I can address is that you should always read the manual. I realize this may seem obvious but if you buy a familiar product that you already know how to use how often do you take the time to read the manual? I am guilty of this myself partly due to a poorly written manual or simply a lack of interest in the extra features. I find this is especially important for a car, you may have features that you can turn on/off that are simple to change but are not something you can figure out by pushing random buttons. There may also be various warning lights that aren't always obvious as to their function, if you read the manual and one comes on you know if it can wait or if you should pull over immediately. I once read on an automotive forum someone who did not know he had to push his turn signal stalk forward to keep his high beams on, every time he used them he pulled back and held the stalk, he did this for several months and finally asked online, had he simply looked it up he could have saved lots of aggravation.

As for myself not much is new I did meet some new MINI people on Saturday at the monthly Wheel to Meals event. I somehow missed out on thees last year but I am really enjoying it now. I wanted to host the next one but it was already taken, I will be putting my name down for the April event. It's a pretty easy event to plan all you need to do is make a reservation for X number of people at a restaurant, I think I will got with Saturdays formula and invite people over for the desert portion of the evening, my maple pie is quite popular in the club, and I will be honest I like an excuse to make it.

Well that's pretty much all for now, I will continue with a regular Wednesday update but I will likely be making small updates throughout the week.

3 comments:

Colin Young said...

Hey Jabz, sorry about the late commenting. I still haven't got into the habit of checking your blog on Wednesdays. Based on what you're saying it may be more beneficial for me to just sign up for e-mail updates when a new post comes out. That way I'll know if you vary from the Wednesday schedule.

baby sister said...

Hey Jay, I always found that posting something right away is best and not to hold yourself to a specific date or time.

Also, did you know Bill from MMMC writes manuals? Or lays them out or does the photography for manuals for Rousch.

Anyway, even tho I'm a "follower", I haven't checked your blog since you started :[

Jabbles said...

I forgive you. I am just having fun with this weather or not people actually read it. I actually found out Chad has been following me, he has not left any comments so maybe I have way more followers than I realize.