Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Working out

Greetings all!
When I was away at trade school living in Toronto I got into a habit of semi nightly walks with Colin as an attempt to keep in shape. It is better than doing nothing but hardly a great workout. Sadly my knees did not like this very much. This is partly due to constantly being on my knees at work (yeah I know how that sounds) partly because I don't walk right, never have really evidenced by the wear patterns on my shoes.
Since I got back home I have been doing nothing at all, this change Sunday. My friend Molly had posted on Facebook that she had gotten back on the elliptical. This inspired me to go out to the shed and get my bike out.









I went for a 12KM ride and repeated this on Monday and Tuesday. Today I skipped due to getting home late and it was getting to dark to start my ride, I have lights on my bike but I still feel much safer riding when it's light out. Speaking of safety I have never been a fan of bicycle helmets, just stubborn I guess, I know they are safer but much like old guys and seat-belts  it was just not comfortable and felt awkward. I have been wearing a helmet. Strictly speaking it is not a bicycle helmet it's actually a ski helmet but I find it comfy and as soon as I figure out whats wrong with my MP3 player I will be enjoying tunes on the built in earphones. I might have to pick up a proper bike helmet once the warm weather gets here.
I do not want to call it a diet but I am also watching what I eat, basically cutting down on unhealthy snacks, I recently discovered I really like lychee fruit, they make a great snack.
Thats all for now folks, until next update.

1 comment:

Colin Young said...

Good stuff man! That's all you really need to do, just a bit of regular exercise and some attention to what you eat. I hate the whole concept of dieting, I just try to go easy on the sugary, fatty, and high carb foods. Hardly a diet, just giving a bit of thought to what I shovel into my face. It's been working great for me, I'm sure it will for you too. Keep up the good work!