Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MOTD

Time is getting close for this years MINI's on the Dragon. This is the 8th year for this event and my second time attending. MINI's on the Dragon(MOTD) is a gathering of MINI Cooper enthusiasts from all over the US and Canada. It takes place close to The Great Smokey Mountains national park in North Carolina close to the Tennessee border.
 The Dragon is a section of US 129 that has 318 curves in 11 miles. Some of you might think that would be horrible, but to driving/riding enthusiasts this means fun. I will admit that the road does scare me a little it really is a challenge to drive and can be dangerous if you are not careful as you never know what might be around the next corner. Here is a video by Killboy a photographer who makes a living taking pictures of cars/bike on the Dragon, in the video he is being chaced by his wife, watch it and you will understand.Killboy's video
 There are lots of other really fun roads i.e curvy roads in the area but MOTD is not just about driving. In fact not counting the drive there most of the time is spent hanging out with some fun and interesting people. There is also a wee bit of drinking every evening.
 This year I am actually attending with 3 of my friends Colin, Graydyn, and Susan we will be sharing a cabin with a 5th person who needed a room, I do not know her but I am sure we will have fun. I am getting pretty excited for this trip. I plan on taking lots of picture and will post them up when I return. 44 days until we leave.

2 comments:

Colin Young said...

WOO! MOTD!!!! It's gunna be a blast dude. I don't think it actually posted the link to the video you were referring to, but I think I've already seen it anyway.

Jabbles said...

Yeah you saw it already I will see whats up and fix it.