Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Computer woes

Well my computer has died. Make that both my computers have died. My computer was not running great and only had 40gigs of HDD space, not quite enough for me as I like to save all my media. Graydyn gave me his old machine he told me it was not much faster but had much more storage. A few weeks went by and all was good. Then those nice big hard drives crashed, well the one with th OS did. So I tried my old machine again and it would not operate, I forget why but I took out the HDDs and combined the power of two computers into one mighty Frankenputer. Sadly this mutant was not meant to be, I had some issues playing videos causing freeze ups, the last freeze up was permenant. When I turn on the computer I go directly to the CMOS and when I exit nothing happens, or if it does there is certainly no disply on either monitor. I can`t be bothered to repair it, it might not be much but it`s just not worth it at this point.




I started shopping around already but can`t seem to find what I want, there are a few out there that would work well but none support a dual screen set up. I know I can go back to a single screen set up, most people do just fine but what can I say I like it, heck I originally set it up on not thinking I would keep it but here I am 3 years later.







On a more positive note the weather today and if the weather people are to be believed the next few days was great. First time the car people were out at Canatara park. I cruised by in the MINI and stopped to chat for a while, finally got to get a good look at Justin`s turbo VR6 Jetta, next time we will trade rides.



Lastly I am getting pretty excited for MOTD, it`s now less than a month away and I am sure it will fly by.

2 comments:

baby sister said...

Go for a Mac. That's what we have and we LOVE it!!!

Good for all your media too, but we've just invested in an external hard drive cuz we have thousands of pictures and we have tons of (home) movies.

Jabbles said...

Not a fan of how Apple does business. I got a new one now and it is working very well. I was actually thinking of an external drive just for back ups. Once all my pictures and irreplaceable media is backed up I plan on storing it in a firesafe.