Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Almost forgot

Greetings all,
I just about forgot it was Wednesday. Almost forgot to post.
First thing I just finished washing and waxing my MINI. I was way overdue for a good cleaning. I got done after dark, I can't wait to see it in the sunlight. Tomorrow I will be replacing the spark plugs and changing the oil. I am wanting to do some of my own work, partly to save some money but mostly for the satisfaction of a job well done, yeah it's corny but whatever. That being said I think I will be returning to Chad at DT for the oil changes, it's a good excuse to visit and frankly I think it ends up cheaper, royal purple oil is not cheap here.
Now to the fun stuff, Saturday was the annual Detroit Tuned Spring clean up party. It was a good time as usual for such events, even though there was not much cleaning up done. I actually took a picture of every MINI that attended. pictures here  A couple friends from DC, Stacey and Jay were visiting Chad for the week end, it was nice to see them again so soon after the Dragon. After the Spring clean up party wrapped up some of us (Chad, Stacey, Jay, Josh, Matt, Casey) went out to a karaoke bar. Well no one else other than Chad had been there before, he knows a few people who work there. This place was right downtown Detroit, quite close to Comerica park actually. Chad had mentioned going out for Karaoke before but what a surprise when I walked in that place. This place was rather small and somewhat dingy. The customers sitting closest to the door looked like hobos their lady friends were later identified as toothless hookers. The rest of the crowd was also quite diverse. This may not sound like a good review but actually this place was great, we all had a terrific evening, laughs were had by all. I was even told I was cute by Chad's friend that's always good for an ego boost. I hope to hang out with her a bit more next time I go, she seemed pretty cool.  Chad being the MAN meant that our tab for the evening was only $50, I lost track of exactly what we consumed but it was definitely more that $50. We ended the night with a run to White Castle, Stacey and Jay were first timers, I think they enjoyed it, until of course the sliders took affect, but hey that`s part of the experience.

3 comments:

baby sister said...

That's pretty cool. Jerome and I used to head downtown quite a bit when we first met and when we were dating.

Joan, Jerome and I ended up at Sara (and Shane's; sans Shane). She invited us to "hang out". I agreed as long as we could go out to see a movie...this never happened. We looked at photo books that Shane makes for Sara every year; quite nice and sentimental and we played a really cool game. I think it's called blockers.

And then home late.

baby sister said...

BTW, I don't think you took a picture of our MINI...

Jabbles said...

Sorry if I missed you I think you arrived after the photo session. It was clean though that's a plus.