Saturday, March 26, 2011

New phone

Saturday post!
Well I got a new phone. My old "MIKE" phone got dropped the day. It was a flip phone and part of the hinge broke. The screen would sometimes go blank. This was getting annoying not to mention paying 15$ a month for a service I no longer used. This morning I called TELUS and asked what they could do for me. They offered me a new HTC desire hd for 99$ as long as I pay the difference on the discount I got when I bought my Mike phone. Not the greatest deal but acceptable. The guy at the store will even try to get my old one fixed under warranty, if it gets fixed I could sell it. A coworker sold his pretty easily so that's good.
So far I really like the phone I am sure as I get to know it I will like it even more. The location I got it even offers a one on one course on how to use your phone, I imagine they know plenty of cool tricks. The best part its free.
If anyone knows of any cool apps let me know, or you can make me one (you know who you are). Speaking of apps I am writing this on my new phone using the Blogger app. The touch screen typing isn't great but I an already much faster than I was this morning, so I an sure it will get better.
That's all for now, off to get some food then go see the movie Paul. I did want to see Hobo with a shotgun, sadly its not playing in Sarnia.

2 comments:

Colin Young said...

Hey dude, glad to hear you've got a cool new phone. The Desire HD looks pretty sweet too. I haven't really had any hands-on time with an Android device, so I haven't familiarized myself with what apps are out there yet. In Engadget's review of that phone they specifically mentioned an app that they particularly liked called "Quick Task Killer". Apparently Android is very good at multitasking and will keep your apps open and running while you're doing something else... indefinitely. I guess it's pretty difficult to know exactly what's running, so QTK keeps track of it all and lets you quickly close apps that you don't need to have running. They specifically sited battery life as being their primary concern with the Desire HD and recommended QTK as a way of ensuring that you don't have a ton of apps running in the background and presumably working your CPU and draining your battery.

I'm not sure if you can get Swype on that phone, but that's supposed to be a pretty sweet app for increasing your typing speed.

How's the Blogger app? I didn't know they had one out there.

Anyway, have fun with the new toy!

Jabbles said...

Battery life so far isn't too bad, I have been charging every night but I could likely do two days on a charge. I think one of the biggest drains is the simple fact that the screen is so big and bright.
The blogger app is pretty much just the post editor. to view your posts and comments you get linked to the regular site. but with that big bright screen in mentioned it is still easy to read. It's worth it since it's free. Tried to find swype no luck so far.