Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Skipped a week

Sorry for missing my regular post last week. No real reason just not much to say.

 The Dragon is fast approaching friends.  I have not been on vacation since the last dragon and I am due for some time off. I am getting pretty excited, as I tend to around this time. It's weird this will only be my third time attending but it already feels like I have been going for years. I was originally planning on taking a side trip on the way like last year but I don't think that will happen. Maybe if I had a friend with me I would but I am just not that motivated to do it solo. I do plan on exploring the area a little more this year. I have started to look at the map and I think I can get a few nice drives.

I don't have any concrete plans yet for another vacation but I would like to do something else this summer. There is talk of a camping/kayaking trip in Quebec to do some whale watching. If the camping doesn't happen maybe a few days in Chicago would be fun. I am told taking the train there is pretty cheap. If I do go I will have to do some research on the available food. It doesn't have to be anything fancy but I decided that even if it's not the main focus of a trip, going to a big city I want something special, something I can't get anywhere else. If anyone knows of a good place feel free to share.

5 comments:

Colin Young said...

Yeah man, The Dragon just wasn't in the cards for me this year, but I've been itching to go back. I'm a bit disappointed that I'm not going this year. We should do a road trip somewhere this summer though. Especially if I get a bigger bike.

baby sister said...

Once is enough for me. Maybe if I was younger and single, it may have more interest for me.

Whale watching sounds pretty cool. And I really thought Quebec was a nice place.

Chicago - I really like the top of the Hancock Building. There's a sky deck, but the food for the Sunday brunch is AWESOME! (they might have Saturday brunch too) Plus the view. Dress a bit on the nice side. Then there's so many places to get Chicago style pizza...I just don't remember any of their names.

Jabbles said...

"Maybe if I was younger and single, it may have more interest for me."
That deserves a giggity giggity giggity alright!
But seriously I can see how it does not appeal to everyone, we all have so little vacation time might as well do something we enjoy.

Colin I actually would love to head down to the Smokey mountain area in the late summer early fall, it's kind of far for a short trip but a week end plus a couple days could be fun, we are still young.

Colin Young said...

Yer darn right we are!

That Chicago thing is HIGH on the wishlist for me too. Sounds like an awesome city. We should get Gray and Susan in on that one.

Jabbles said...

Yeah that would be cool, Porter flies to Chicago if you wanted to go that route.