Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dragon time

Well I know I have posted about it already but its less than a week away, it's all I can think of. In less than twenty four hours I am a free man from my employer. Some last minute work getting done to the MINI on Friday, some boring mechanical stuff some new cosmetic stuff that will be revealed later. Saturday will be pretty much a prep day nothing too exciting. I head out Sunday to spend the night in Michigan so we can be ready to leave bright and early. We will be four MINI's and six people.

I actually found a pretty cool app for this trip. I was searching under roadtrip and found something called daily roads voyager. You have two options you can set up tome laps pictures at whatever interval you want. You can also have the video camera on at all times, if something happens that you want to record simply tap the screen and it will save. It is little unclear how much is saved, but I will play with it and hopefully figure of out. It also auto records if the phone detects a shock, great in case of an accident. It also geotags everything. Obviously I will have to keep my phone plugged in the car charger as all this eats away at the battery pretty quickly. Best of all it was free. Now I just need to find a windshield mount.

I do plan on blogging as I go, so feel free to check in often, sadly pictures will be minimal until I am able to access some WiFi as data rates while roaming are not cheap. I actually inquired adding a roaming data plan but it really doesn't seem like a good deal even foe a heavy roamer.

That is all for now.

1 comment:

baby sister said...

That sounds like a cool app. Jerome bought me "Roadside America" for my Garmin GPS. It shows all the cool sites that you can see by driving by...for instance; Touchdown Jesus (if it still existed)...