Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stage one complete.

Greetings all,
Well we made it to Louisville in one piece, well in four pieces but that's how we left. The trip was uneventful, overcast the whole way, but only significant rain for the last half hour of the trip, it stopped raining about five minutes after we got wet unloading the cars.


Here is a screen shot of the GPS unit containing all our driving stats of the day.

Well my text is now centered even though I tried all I can think of to get it to align left, blogger is being fussy I guess.

The Internet connection is rather slow here so no more pictures today.

Our hotel, a Days inn, is reasonably clean but not in a great area, I don't fear for my safety but I also would not venture out for a walk at night here.

We went to a restaurant that Graydyn found online Lilly's, it was quite good, and decently priced. As usual with this group of friends I got to try a little sample of everyone's dish, and finish any left overs. During the meal I realized that today I have eaten 7 different animals: pork, turkey, beef, trout, shrimp, duck, lamb. Some may find this gross, me I am quite proud.

Tomorrow morning we head to Nashville, we are really hoping to get some brunch, apparently Sunday brunch in the south is something special. I will let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you Jason. I hope your trip will be wonderful. I will keep checking on your daily report as you enjoy mini`s at the dragon 2010.

Cheers, Philippe