Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Common sense

This my sound like a rant but it is not.
We call it common sense but how common is it really?
Today I went to a call for no cooling, I get there everything is operating. The first thing I check is the filter, it is FILTHY I have rarely seen one so dirty. No big deal people forget, heck this was a rental house (currently unrented) so I can understand having forgotten to change it. The thing is once I took it out and checked the operating pressure everything was OK. Now there is a small chance there is some sort of intermittent problem, but I am certain the only issue was the filter. Checking you filter should be common sense, since it obviously isn't it cost someone $90 for me to tell him.

What I propose is a common sense class in high school, by propose I mean discuss on the internet, there is no way I am motivated enough to try to implement this for real. Really all we need is a big list. There is no need to go in depth for most things out there, As my example above if your AC isn't working properly check your filter, if your oil light comes on in your car pull over as soon as possible you have no oil left, you can't use margarine to pop popcorn(stupid room mate story), resting you feet on the dashboard of a car is a bad idea unless you want to knee yourself in the face real hard. You get the idea. Do we have a project? Shall we come up with a huge list and put it out there for everyone?

2 comments:

Colin Young said...

I'm picturing a room full of high school students, strapped to their chairs with their eyes peeled open A Clockwork Orange style, while Jay paces back and forth at the front of the room screaming "FOR FUCK SAKES, TAKE YOUR WINTER TIRES OFF IN THE SUMMER!!!!"

Jabbles said...

I saw one of those again just the other day. If I can notice your winter tires at a red light you have no excuse for forgetting.