Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You may or may not know but I am not a huge concert fan. I don't hate them or anything but I generally only like a few songs from your average band so I am rarely motivated to attend their concerts. Bayfest a local music festival, is usually quite the event featuring well known bands, although not usually at the height of their career, I have only attended once(The Tragically Hip) and that was only because a group of friends was going and I wanted to join them. I had a good time, but as I mentioned I only like a few of their songs so it could have been more entertaining.

I have also been to an Arch Enemy concert a couple years ago, I got invited to go and agreed having not heard any of their music, the thing is this is a metal band, well death metal I was curious as to the whole mosh pit thing. Sure I did not like all of their songs but they are all "danceable" well moshable. It's quite the interesting activity, pushing a shoving stranger without anyone getting mad is quite invigorating.

Why am I bringing up concerts? Well there is one band out there that I really want to see in concert. Rammstein, I am not sure what branch of metal they consider themselves but I do enjoy plenty of their songs, and being part of the metal genre the moshing should be quite good. Above all though their concerts are supposedly quite impressive.
Here is a video showing clips from various concerts, FIRE
As you can see, that is allot of pyrotechnics and I love that stuff. I found out yesterday that they are playing Quebec city on Sunday, sadly the concert is sold out. The thing is I had actually been checking Rammstein's site for any North American concerts and saw nothing planned. I was actually willing to take a road trip to see them and this would have been a fun one. I checked their sit yesterday and there are no other North American dates but a friend has said he heard of a proper NA tour in the works. I will certainly check out their site more often and hopefully not miss out again.

1 comment:

Colin Young said...

Yeah, sucks that we missed out on the Quebec show. Hopefully we'll get some warning if they come to T.O. and can catch them then. I've gotten to the point where I'm not really interested in concerts, but I'd make an exception for Rammstein!