Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Changes

Well things at work have changed. My manager is no longer my manager. He will now be what they are calling technical manager, basically he is in charge of dealing with the most complicated equipment we service, quote large jobs and help us out when we need it. He did however take this as an opportunity to take a leave of absence until late January. So we are even more short on staff for the next while.
The new manager is one of the owners. I think he will do a good job but only time will tell, we are told to expect lots of change. First priority though is hiring some experienced people. This is good news, things are very busy right now which can be quite stressful. Currently I am on call, technically it is a switched week, so that means instead of 6 weeks break before my next time on call it will be 2. I had not thought of that when I agreed to switch. Ah well, I just hope we get some decent time off at xmas. It's not looking good though.

1 comment:

Colin Young said...

Hey dude, sounds stressful, but it also sounds like it could be good in the long run. Hope everything works out well for you.