Thursday, November 11, 2010

I am late.

I apologise loyal readers, I missed my deadline last night. Frankly I was tired and really had nothing to say, or at least nothing I felt like getting into. Work has been rather busy lately.
I do have a tip for you though, if you have a machine, what ever it may be that isn't working turn it off. Yes this seems like common sense but it may not always be apparent. This week a convenience store have issues with their main cooler. Basically it was not cold.  There were no obvious noises or anything so the left it as is until I arrived much later to fix it. I arrive and realise the condenser fan motor has failed. Nothing major here happens all the time. I get it replaced, no easy task in this particular application. I turn the system back on, the compressor will not work. Many checks later, yep it done. Maybe it was a fluke, but without a condenser fan motor the pressures and heat get quite high this causes the compressor to overheat and eventually trip it's overload. Technically this should protect the compressor repeat this cycle over and over as the overload cools and damage will occur. So had they shut down the system once they realised it was not working they could have saved themselves a compressor, especially since this one was only four years old.

No comments: