Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Skyway

May 2, 2013 8:35

Not much to report. Ended up spending a good portion of the day doing the Cherohala Skyway loop. It was fun. Hoping my pictures turn out well. Almost had an incident though. When driving in a group, just because the car ahead goes does not mean you can go. I was lead car, we wanted lunch it was a tad last second when I spotted a little dinner. I knew I could change lanes and turn. The last car in our caravan (# 4) cut off a transport truck going for the turn. If you can't make the turn your group will wait.

When we got back I pretty much just hung around the village other than a couple of dam runs.

Here are a couple pictures of my GPS showing our elevation and the temperature at the start and one of the highest overlooks on the Skyway. While understand why the temp goes down, it's just neat to feel it happen.

No comments: