Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Almost time for school

As you may or may not know I work as a refrigeration technician, technically  I am still an apprentice. Part of my apprentice training requires that I attend school three separate occasions, this will be my third round after that I can write the test for my licence. School is actually kind of a nice break from work. I would not call it a vacation but the day are pretty short and since school is in Toronto I get to stay at my friends's place. Since my days are short I make dinner most nights, I am not a good dinner maker under normal circumstances since I have trouble planning ahead of time what I will want to eat, once I get home I just want something quick. This way I am home in the early afternoon and at that point I can usually decide what I want and I have time to prepare it properly. It's also nice to prepare food for non picky adventurous eaters.
I am hoping to check out some Toronto eateries while in the area, dim-sum is already on the list I have yet to try it but I am told it is quite good, and quite cheap too.
As for school itself I am hoping to get the same teacher again that I got the last two times, he is a good guy and knows how to make sometimes boring subject matter interesting. I do not think I will get my wish though, last time there the third round teacher was a different guy, I had him for one class in round one, he is actually an interesting guy but his teaching style is not optimum to my learning style, I might actually have to study with him.
Well that is all for this week.

4 comments:

Colin Young said...

Hey man, looking forward to having you in the house again! You were saying that I'm going to be away when you arrive? I'll try to make sure the guys have the place ready for you when you get here.

Jabbles said...

Not much to get ready really, other than maybe the ever fun parking issue. I will E-mail you with the exact date shortly.

baby sister said...

So I guess dinner at Sara and Shane's on Friday night is out? If you're still interested, we won't be getting there until around 7pm.

Jabbles said...

School isn't until early September actually. I am still interested. I will send you an e-mail.