Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I decided to go there.

As you may or may not know I am an atheist. I don't really like the term actually, well not the term itself but the negative image it has. All it means to me is that I do not believe in any religion. Unlike religion there is no set of beliefs/rules of atheism we simply don't believe in a magical creator, beyond that we have as much in common with each other than people who enjoy beer.
In one sense I have no problem with religion, what you want to do with your free time is entirely up to you, be it going to church, playing video games, dressing up as a squirrel and yiffing, if it does not affect me why should I care? The thing is unlike a hobby or lifestyle many people believe their religion is the word of the creator of the universe, and if he says you must wear a hat than it's probably a good idea to listen. The thing is even if you are religious you really only believe in your religion, all other must have it wrong. So who do we believe? Who has it right? We should base laws on what we think is right/wrong not what any one religion says is right or wrong.

There is much more to this topic, but that is all for now, until later.

2 comments:

Colin Young said...

Jay, for finding a blog topic that allowed you to link to the definition of "yiffing" you will forever be my hero.

baby sister said...

Funny. NEVER ever heard of yiffing before...now I know. I'm a better person for it.