Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thank you MINI Jesus.

I got a call from the dispatcher at work this afternoon, it has been a hectic week I saw it was her calling I was hoping it was not a customer callback. I answer, the first thing she says is "Don't panic" this of course results in the opposite reaction especially since the next words were "your car". Turns out a tree had fallen onto my co-workers car, I was parked right next to him. She told me my car looked OK  the branch did not make contact, just some leaves all over. I finish up my job and head to the shop. As I pull in I see many people gathered around the fallen tree. I was not particularly impressed to see that they were pruning the tree in an attempt to clean up while my car was still under the large limb. Looks like all is OK though aside from some saw dust all over my recently cleaned car. 
My co-worker's Malibu though did not fare so well. 
That is the base of the tree, it's actually five trees emerging from one base, the trunk on the right is the one that fell. I was parked right nest to him, I normally park further away from the tree not a fan of tree sap on my car. I will make it a point to continue avoiding trees in the future.

3 comments:

Colin Young said...

Dude, that's nuts! Bummer about your co-worker's car, but I'm glad to hear that Billy is okay!

Jabbles said...

I am sure it is not final yet, but it seems as though my employers or at least their insurance will not be covering the damage. Personally this is utter bullshit. Yet another reason I hate insurance companies.

baby sister said...

That really stinks! Glad to hear the MINI was OK though.