Saturday, September 11, 2010

Unpleasant news.

As I previously mentioned my brake pad light came on while heading to Toronto. I didn`t drive my car all week and yesterday after school I drove back home. This morning I was to meet Chad at Detroit Tuned at 10:00. I got there a little early and he had not arrived. As I am waiting I get a call, it was the dispatcher from work.(I prefer to leave co-workers name off my blog) I thought it odd as she has never called me outside of work hours, but I thought maybe she had a computer related question. I answer and she asks if I had heard from anyone at work. The tone in her voice was not a happy one, I knew something was up. She then says that she has bad news, ***** hung himself last night. I was shocked. It sounded serious I knew someone was seriously ill or even dead but a suicide, especially this guy was an utter shock, I still don`t know what to think about it. Apparently he was his normal self at work Friday, he even went out for a couples dinner that night and all was good. Later at home he apparently had an argument with his wife, he went into the garage, she thought he was just going to get a beer/calm down, but he didn`t come back. I am not sure when she found him, but she was the one who did. I can`t imagine this was a last minute decision but if he was depressed it certainly didn`t show at work, sure he liked to grumble but it was always done in a joking manor, he will be missed.
I am meeting several co-workes in a few minutes to talk about ***** and hao we feel about this, I am glad I am in school right now, it is going to be very somber at work for the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Colin Young said...

Hey man, I'm really sorry to hear about that. It's not an easy thing to deal with.

baby sister said...

It is shocking to hear about someone you know who decides to take their own life. It's something that is difficult to get over; always wondering if there could have been something you could have done to change the tides.

Suicide: a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Very sad. I'm sorry.